Shallenberger Construction, Inc. considers the personal safety and health of employees, contract workers and coworkers to be of primary importance. We demonstrate quality, experience and a proactive attitude in managing the health and safety of the work place for our employees, coworkers and the environment. We integrate safety and risk management into our daily operations at all levels so that it becomes a natural part of our operation’s culture, enhances management/worker cooperation, and provides long-term positive results.
Occupational safety and health will not be compromised to the demands of project schedule, production or cost. At SCI, it is our goal to continually strive for incident free operation (IFO).
How are we working to achieve our goal of IFO?
- A full-time dedicated Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) staff.
- Full ownership/top-level management support.
- Comprehensive health & safety training for all employees.
- Comprehensive training & education for our supervisors/foreman.
- Utilization of our interactive equipment training simulator.
- A companywide safety incentive program, including quarterly company luncheons and performance awards.
- A companywide behavioral-based safety program.
- Job risk assessments and interactive daily job safety analysis.
- Job site safety inspections.
- Monthly certified safety committees.
- Root Cause Analysis for all incidents, and sharing best practices and lessons learned.
- Continual evaluation and implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Continually reinforcing all employees’ right to Stop Work Authority.